Exclusive | Russia Is Sharing Satellite Imagery and Drone Technology With Iran – WSJ

  1. Exclusive | Russia Is Sharing Satellite Imagery and Drone Technology With Iran  WSJ
  2. Ukraine faces missile shortage due to Middle East war, says Zelensky  BBC
  3. Ukraine worries about ‘losing the Americans’ as global attention shifts to the war in the Middle East  CNN
  4. Russia exploiting Iran war, Zelensky says after fresh bombardment  BBC
  5. Russia is supplying Iran with Shahed drones, Zelenskiy says  Reuters
Posted in Uncategorized

Middle East crisis live: Trump says Nato allies making a ‘foolish mistake’ for not supporting US over war with Iran – The Guardian

  1. Middle East crisis live: Trump says Nato allies making a ‘foolish mistake’ for not supporting US over war with Iran  The Guardian
  2. Middle East war live: US does not need military help from Nato or other allies, Donald Trump says  Financial Times
  3. Most NATO members reject U.S.-led Hormuz Strait coalition, Trump says  Axios
  4. Why Won’t Europe Help Trump in Iran? Let’s Count the Reasons.  The New York Times
  5. ‘Never heard him so angry’: Trump is furious that global allies aren’t pitching in in Iran  Politico
Posted in Uncategorized

Europe must prepare for drone strikes by terrorists and criminals, warns Zelenskyy

Ukraine’s president says mass attacks on civilians are no longer the preserve of a ‘madman like Putin’

European nations should prepare for attacks by non-state actors including criminal networks, terror groups and lone attackers as drone technology advances, Volodymyr Zelenskyy has warned.

The Ukrainian president said it was no longer just “a wealthy madman like Putin” who could afford mass attacks as he demonstrated the latest technology to British MPs and peers.

Continue reading...

EU hopes Druzhba pipeline deal pushes Orbán to back Ukraine loan – politico.eu

  1. EU hopes Druzhba pipeline deal pushes Orbán to back Ukraine loan  politico.eu
  2. Opinion | Viktor Orbán Carries Putin’s Water  WSJ
  3. Ukraine pivots on Russian oil pipeline after EU pressure  Financial Times
  4. Ukraine accepts EU inspection to Druzhba hoping to lift Hungarian veto on €90bn loan  Euronews.com
  5. Ukraine accepts EU offer to help restore Druzhba pipeline, repairs to take time  Reuters
Posted in Uncategorized

Trump’s threats to ‘take’ Cuba signal rising US pressure as island grapples with power crisis

National power outage is making life extremely difficult and may force Havana into biggest economic changes in 67 years

Just a few hours after a nationwide electricity blackout struck Cuba, Donald Trump hinted at an even darker future for the island’s rulers.

The country’s entire electricity system had collapsed on Monday afternoon, leaving about 10 million people without power. Emergency teams were still struggling to restore it when the US leader made his latest threat.

Continue reading...

Zelenskyy says Europe is a ‘global force’ that can stand against any other power in address to MPs – as it happened

Keir Starmer previously reassured that the war in Iran would not distract the UK from supporting Ukraine

Nigel Farage is speaking now at the Reform UK event.

The website promoting the lottery is up. It is called nigelcutmybills.com.

Continue reading...

Trump says US does not need Nato after being rebuffed over strait of Hormuz

Amid escalation of Middle East crisis, US president describes rejection of call for help as a ‘foolish mistake’

Donald Trump has said the United States does not need Nato after being rebuffed by a number of the organisation’s member countries over his appeal for a multi-national naval force to reopen the key strait of Hormuz trade route closed by Iran.

Speaking to reporters from the Oval Office, the US president described the rejection of his calls as a “very foolish mistake”, adding without evidence: “Everyone agrees with us, but they don’t want to help. And we, you know, we as the United States have to remember that because we think it’s pretty shocking.”

Continue reading...

Arts Council England must change or face ‘disaster’, culture department is told

Margaret Hodge, who led report into arts funder, tells DCMS committee that grant recipients have lost confidence in the body

Arts Council England (ACE) requires a “radical” overhaul so that it is able to respond to the challenges of the culture sector, according to Margaret Hodge, who said if ACE leaders did not heed her warnings it would be a “disaster”.

The Labour peer, who led a wide-ranging and critical report into ACE, made the comments at a Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) committee, where she reiterated her calls for the organisation to embrace reform.

Continue reading...