Trump begins process of designating Muslim Brotherhood chapters as terrorist groups

President signed executive order for Rubio and Bessent to submit report on chapters in Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan

Donald Trump on Monday began the process of designating certain Muslim Brotherhood chapters as foreign terrorist organizations and specially designated global terrorists, a move would bring sanctions against one of the Arab world’s oldest and most influential Islamist movements.

Trump signed an executive order directing secretary of state Marco Rubio and treasury secretary Scott Bessent to submit a report on whether to designate any Muslim Brotherhood chapters, such as those in Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan, according to a White House fact sheet. It orders the secretaries to move forward with any designations within 45 days of the report.

Continue reading...

US justice department renews request to unseal Epstein grand jury materials

DoJ argues that congressional action last week to release the Epstein files permits unsealing of court records

The justice department has renewed its request to unseal grand jury materials from the Jeffrey Epstein investigation that led to the disgraced financier’s federal indictment on sex-trafficking charges in 2019.

The submission, signed by US attorney Jay Clayton for the southern district in New York, says that Congress made clear in approving the release of investigative materials last week that the court records should be released.

Continue reading...

Motability scheme to drop BMW and Mercedes as it aims to buy UK-made cars

Rachel Reeves says changes to subsidised scheme for disabled drivers will help support thousands of jobs

The Motability scheme to provide disabled drivers with subsidised cars has said it will remove expensive cars such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz and aim to buy more British-built cars.

Motability said it hopes that 50% of the vehicles it offers will come from British factories by 2035. The chancellor, Rachel Reeves, said the changes to the scheme would “support thousands of well-paid, skilled jobs”, before the budget on Wednesday.

Continue reading...

‘The Zionists should be worried’: Threats, anti-US chants at funeral of Hezbollah No. 2 – The Times of Israel

  1. ‘The Zionists should be worried’: Threats, anti-US chants at funeral of Hezbollah No. 2  The Times of Israel
  2. Israel Says It Killed Top Hezbollah Commander in Beirut  The Wall Street Journal
  3. Who was Haytham Ali Tabatabai, Hezbollah official killed by Israel?  Al Jazeera
  4. Headlines for November 24, 2025  Democracy Now!
  5. News Wrap: Israel hits Beirut with deadly strike targeting a Hezbollah leader  PBS
Posted in Uncategorized

Army Chief Ignites Uproar After Saying France Must ‘Accept Losing Our Children’ – The New York Times

  1. Army Chief Ignites Uproar After Saying France Must ‘Accept Losing Our Children’  The New York Times
  2. France's top general under fire after saying country must be 'prepared to lose children'  France 24
  3. Outcry at army chief's warning France must prepare to 'lose children' in war  BBC
  4. French army chief warns France should be 'prepared to lose children' in face of Russian threat  Le Monde.fr
  5. France’s New Chief of Defense Staff Takes Command  RealClearWorld
Posted in Uncategorized

Maga world heads left spinning by Trump’s warm welcome for Mamdani

Members of rightwing base disorientated by cordial Oval Office meeting – but not all Trump supporters downcast

A flurry of social media posts from Maga influencers have laid bare the disorientation felt by members of Trump’s base at the spectacle of Friday’s cordial Oval Office meeting with Mamdani, who the president previously painted as a “communist lunatic”.

“Wild to allow a jihadist communist to stand behind the president’s desk in the Oval Office. Sad to see,” wrote far-right activist Laura Loomer, one of Trump’s most fervent online backers.

Continue reading...

Teenager charged with murder after 17-year-old boy stabbed to death in Sydney’s north-west

The victim was treated by NSW paramedics for wounds to his thigh but died at the scene

A 15-year-old boy has been charged with murder after a teenager was allegedly stabbed to death behind a high school.

Police said a 17-year-old boy died from stab wounds to his thigh following a confrontation at a park in Sydney’s north-west about 4.20pm on Monday.

Continue reading...

Former Phoenix news anchor sentenced to 10 years for $63m fraud in Covid relief scheme

Stephanie Hockridge and her husband falsified details to obtain PPP loans guaranteed by US small business agency

A former Phoenix news anchor has been sentenced to 10 years after being found guilty of participating in a fraudulent $63m Covid-19 relief scheme alongside her husband.

Stephanie Hockridge’s sentence on Friday came after a jury convicted her in June. Meanwhile, her husband, Nathan Reis, pleaded guilty in August.

Continue reading...

This “megacity” has overtaken Tokyo to become the world’s largest city – Axios

  1. This "megacity" has overtaken Tokyo to become the world's largest city  Axios
  2. Jakarta is now the world's largest city, beating out Tokyo in new U.N. report  NBC News
  3. Four-fifths of the world's population now live in urban areas  New Scientist
  4. Jakarta world’s most populous capital with 42 million people: UN report  Anadolu Ajansı
  5. Jakarta topples Tokyo as world's biggest city  DW
Posted in Uncategorized

Family speaks out after stepbrother emerges as suspect in death of Florida teen on cruise

Anna Kepner, 18, from Titusville, was found dead of asphyxiation under a bed on a Carnival cruise ship

The grandparents of a high school senior found dead on a cruise ship earlier in November say they fear they have lost two grandchildren after her stepbrother has emerged as a suspect in the case.

“No matter what we find out, no matter what they tell us, it’s not going to bring either one of these children back,” Barbara Kepner, the grandmother of the late 18-year-old cheerleader Anna Kepner told ABC News on Monday.

Continue reading...

Grizzly bear that attacked children and teachers in Canada still eludes searchers

Eleven people were injured as three teachers fought the bear during attack on walking trail in British Columbia

Conservation officers in British Columbia are still searching for a female grizzly bear and her two cubs, four days after the sow attacked a group of schoolchildren and their teachers in an “exceedingly rare” encounter that has shaken the remote Canadian community.

Eleven people, some as young as nine years old, were injured on Thursday when the bear emerged from the forest near 4 Mile, a Nuxalk community near the town Bella Coola and attacked a school group on a lunch break alongside a walking trail.

Continue reading...