There’s a ‘But’ to Carney’s Support for Iran Airstrikes – Newser

  1. There's a 'But' to Carney's Support for Iran Airstrikes  Newser
  2. Carney says he supports Iran strikes 'with regret'  BBC
  3. Canada PM Carney says Iran conflict a failure of the international order  Reuters
  4. Carney Says Middle East War Shows Failure of Rules-Based Order  Bloomberg
  5. Carney Says That Canada’s Support for Airstrikes Came ‘With Regret’  The New York Times
Posted in Uncategorized

Adelaide University cancels literary festival event with UN Gaza investigator Francesca Albanese

Festival organisers criticise the university for last-minute booking cancellation of event headlined by special rapporteur for Palestinian territories

Another free speech row at a literary festival has erupted, with Adelaide University abruptly cancelling a high-profile event featuring UN Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories, Francesca Albanese.

The move has prompted the festival’s organisers and speakers to accuse the 152 year-old institution of “crumbling in fear”.

Continue reading...

Cuba charges six exiles with terrorism in wake of deadly speedboat attack

Detainees accused of coming from the US with intent to sow chaos and attack military units on Communist-ruled island

Cuban prosecutors have formally charged six people with crimes of terrorism after a US-flagged speedboat was involved in a deadly shootout with Cuba’s coast guard last week.

The US-based Cuban defendants are accused of packing a boat with weapons and heading toward Cuba in hopes of destabilising the government in Havana.

Continue reading...

Jordanian arrested for visa offences after alleged Bondi attackers visited his coffee shop during Philippines stay

Military used in arrest of Mohammad Odeh Saleh, owner of business allegedly visited by the Akrams before Australia’s deadliest terror attack

A Jordanian national whose coffee shop was visited by the alleged gunmen behind December’s Bondi beach terrorist attack – and who frequently traveled to Australia and the Middle East – has been arrested in the Philippines for overstaying his visa.

Authorities investigating the gunmen’s month-long stay in Mindanao Island, in the country’s south, alleged that Mohammad Odeh Saleh, 65, had travelled to Australia in the years before his arrest in Pagadian City on Monday.

Continue reading...

Live: Macron says he urged Netanyahu to ‘refrain from ground offensive’ in Lebanon – France 24

  1. Live: Macron says he urged Netanyahu to 'refrain from ground offensive' in Lebanon  France 24
  2. Is Hezbollah Still a Threat?  Foreign Affairs
  3. At least 11 killed as Israel escalates attacks across Lebanon  Al Jazeera
  4. Hezbollah is dragging Lebanon into the war on Iran, but the militia is a shadow of the force it once was  CNN
  5. Israel orders Lebanese to leave swathe of the south 'immediately'  Reuters
Posted in Uncategorized