WW1 toxic compound sprayed on Georgian protesters, BBC evidence suggests – BBC
- WW1 toxic compound sprayed on Georgian protesters, BBC evidence suggests BBC
- GD publishes BBC's questions and party’s responses 1TV.GE
- Anita Hipper: We expect a swift, transparent and credible investigation into the allegations of the use of chemical weapons against demonstrators IPN.GE
- Georgia to sue BBC over report alleging use of WWI-era chemical agent on protesters TRT World
- GD announces legal action against BBC in international courts over 'false' allegations BM.GE
WW1 toxic compound sprayed on Georgian protesters, BBC evidence suggests
Trump ‘wouldn’t have wanted’ second strike on Caribbean boat survivors
US president says he will look into reports US military was told to conduct follow-up attack on suspected drug vessel
Donald Trump has said he will look into reports that the US military conducted a follow-up strike on a boat in the Caribbean that it believed to be ferrying drugs, killing survivors of an initial missile attack.
The US president also said on Sunday he “wouldn’t have wanted” a second strike on the vessel during the incident on 2 September – the first publicised operation in a series of attacks in the Caribbean and eastern Pacific that Washington says are aimed at combatting the drug trade.
Continue reading...Democrat says he’ll reintroduce war powers resolutions after report of attack on drug boat survivors – ABC News
Greek sheep and goat cull raises fears of feta cheese shortage
Report says world’s biggest arms producers increased revenue by 5.9% last year to record level – AP News
- Report says world's biggest arms producers increased revenue by 5.9% last year to record level AP News
- World’s biggest arms producers increased revenue last year to record level, report says Politico
- Top global arms producers’ revenues surge as major wars rage: SIPRI report Al Jazeera
- Global arms makers see record earnings as Gaza, Ukraine wars fuel demand — report The Times of Israel
- Asia’s arms race shift: India climbs, China slides on PLA graft charges Times of India
Special forces chief tried to cover up concerns about SAS conduct in Afghanistan, inquiry told
Whistleblower says chain of command failed to stop extrajudicial shootings, including of children, after alarm was raised
The former director of UK special forces and other senior military officers tried to cover up concerns that SAS units were carrying out unlawful killings in Afghanistan, an inquiry has heard.
A senior special forces whistleblower said the chain of command failed to stop extrajudicial shootings, including of two small children, after the alarm was first raised in early 2011. That failure allegedly allowed them to continue until 2013.
Continue reading...Top global arms producers’ revenues surge as major wars rage: SIPRI report
Trump invites families of national guard members who were shot to White House
President plans to honor Sarah Beckstrom, who was fatally shot, as well as Andrew Wolfe, who is in critical condition
Donald Trump said on Sunday that he invited the family of a national guard member fatally shot last week to the White House, adding that he spoke to her parents and they were “devastated”.
US army specialist Sarah Beckstrom, 20, was killed in a shooting on Wednesday in Washington DC. Her fellow service member, US air force staff Sgt Andrew Wolfe, 24, remains hospitalized in critical condition. Vigils across West Virginia have taken place in their memory.
Continue reading...Ukraine talks ‘productive’ but more work needed, Rubio says
How Pope Leo transformed from ‘quiet man’ to vocal peace messenger on first foreign trip
Pope Leo finds his voice on first foreign trip
Armed men kidnap 13 women in Nigeria’s latest abduction
What is driving US President’s Trump’s actions against Venezuela?
‘I saw them driving over injured people’ – the terrifying escape from war in Sudan
‘I saw them driving over injured people’ – the terrifying escape from war in Sudan
African leaders push for recognition of colonial crimes and reparations
Algerian foreign minister says African countries and peoples continue to pay a heavy price for colonialism
African leaders are pushing to have colonial-era crimes recognised, criminalised and addressed through reparations.
At a conference in the Algerian capital, Algiers, diplomats and leaders convened to advance an African Union resolution passed at a meeting earlier this year calling for justice and reparations for victims of colonialism.
Continue reading...Dignitas founder dies by assisted suicide aged 92, group says
Andreas Whittam Smith, co-founder of the Independent, dies aged 88
Journalist and editor also led British Board of Film Classification and served as senior lay member of the Church of England
Andreas Whittam Smith, the co-founder of the Independent newspaper and a former president of the British Board of Film Classification, has died aged 88.
Whittam Smith was also the first editor of the Independent and served as first church estates commissioner, the senior lay member of the Church of England, from 2002 to 2017.
Continue reading...