- The ex-CEO of Italian highway operator and 31 others convicted in deadly 2018 bridge collapse AP News
- Italian officials handed jail terms for Genoa bridge disaster that killed 43 BBC
- Former CEO of Italian highway operator sentenced over Genoa bridge tragedy CNN
- Former Italian motorway boss among 32 convicted over Genoa bridge tragedy Reuters
- Why Italy’s Genoa bridge collapse led to one of its biggest criminal trials Al Jazeera
Ex-CEO of Italian motorway sentenced to 12 years for Genoa bridge collapse
Zelensky’s removal of popular defence minister sparks protests in Ukraine
Zelensky’s removal of popular defence minister sparks protests in Ukraine
US intensifies attacks on Iran as Tehran hits back at Gulf states
Sixth day of fighting threatens to turn into all-out war and casts serious doubt on peace deal struck last month
The US has intensified its attacks on Iran, hitting targets near Tehran and striking a ship it accused of trying to break its blockade, while Iran retaliated by firing missiles and drones at US allies in the region.
Six consecutive days of back-and-forth attacks threaten to pull the region back into a total war and cast serious doubt about an interim deal reached last month meant to achieve a permanent peace.
Continue reading...Shocking moment man breaks one of Spain’s most ‘controversial’ traditions – New York Post
US to impose new 25 percent tariffs on some Brazilian imports
Pakistan resisting UK attempts to deport grooming gang leader
Former boss of Italian motorways sentenced to 12 years over Genoa bridge tragedy
Giovanni Castellucci among 32 people convicted over the 2018 Morandi Bridge collapse, which killed 43
Thirty-two people, including the former chief executive of Italy’s motorway operator, have been convicted over the 2018 collapse of a Genoa bridge in which 43 people died.
In a hushed courtroom on Thursday in the north-western Italian city, Giovanni Castellucci, a former boss of Autostrade per l’Italia, was sentenced to 12 years in prison, the highest in the case.
Continue reading...Trump limits length of visas for students, exchange visitors, journalists
How can Argentina and Messi beat Spain and Yamal to defend World Cup?
Monaco assassination plot takes a new turn – DW.com
- Monaco assassination plot takes a new turn DW.com
- Target of Monaco bomb blames attack on Ukrainian spy agency The Guardian
- Ukrainian spies tried to assassinate me, says tycoon injured in Monaco blast Yahoo
- Vadym Iermolaiev breaks silence after Monaco bombing: "Our survival was nothing short of a miracle" Monaco Life
- The SBU confirmed that the suspect in the Berezovskaya case had ties to the agency UA.NEWS
Algeria fire: Children among dead in foster care home blaze – president – BBC
- Algeria fire: Children among dead in foster care home blaze - president BBC
- Orphanage Fire Kills Eleven in Algeria The New York Times
- 11 children killed and 19 injured in an overnight orphanage fire in Algeria ABC News - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos
- Fire at orphanage in Algiers kills 11, injures 19 Reuters
- Fire at orphanage in Algeria kills 11 people, including children Al Jazeera
Children among dead at Algeria foster care home blaze – president
Chevron and Iraq seek to bypass Strait of Hormuz with Syria pipeline – Financial Times
- Chevron and Iraq seek to bypass Strait of Hormuz with Syria pipeline Financial Times
- Chevron Will Explore a Pipeline Bypassing the Strait of Hormuz WSJ
- Chevron to Sign Oil Investment Accords With Iraq on Friday Bloomberg.com
- Chevron to sign MOUs with Iraq for West Qurna 2 and Nassiriya oilfields Reuters
- Chevron Moves Closer to Iraq's Biggest Oil Prizeand a Hormuz Exit Strategy Crude Oil Prices Today | OilPrice.com
Vance says Israeli campaign tried to sway US opinion against Iran diplomacy
Italian officials handed jail terms for Genoa bridge disaster that killed 43
Mafia law gives Italian families right to break free from life of crime
Wives and children offered new identities to try to stop gangsters recruiting down the generations
Children and young adults raised in mafia families will be given a chance to break away from organised crime under new legislation in Italy that aims to stop the intergenerational recruitment of gangsters.
In an unprecedented effort to sever the family chain, the Italian state will offer children aged under 25 and other close relatives of mafia bosses a chance to start over: a new home in another city, a new school and, if necessary, a new identity.
Continue reading...