German military says thousands of rounds of ammunition were stolen from parked vehicle last week – CNN

  1. German military says thousands of rounds of ammunition were stolen from parked vehicle last week  CNN
  2. Thousands of rounds of German army ammunition stolen from lorry  BBC
  3. Germany: Bundeswehr ammo delivery ransacked by thieves  dw.com
  4. Live ammunition, smoke grenades stolen from German military  The Jerusalem Post
  5. A large shipment of ammunition slated for the German armed forces was stolen last week from a contractor's truck, authorities said Tuesday. An army spokesperson confirmed the theft to news agency AFP, revealing the ammunition disappeared from the trailer  facebook.com
Posted in Uncategorized

Key aide to Nigel Farage was frontman for Premier League billionaire’s betting syndicate, lawsuit claims

Exclusive: George Cottrell ‘gave control’ of gambling accounts to syndicate headed by Tony Bloom, the owner of Brighton & Hove Albion FC

George Cottrell, a close associate of Nigel Farage and a key figure in Reform UK’s inner circle, acted as a front for a major gambling syndicate that was “given control” of his betting accounts, a high court document alleges.

Cottrell acted as a stalking horse for a syndicate involving one of the world’s most successful gamblers, Tony Bloom, it is claimed in the public documents, filed at the high court.

Continue reading...

Global heating and other human activity are making Asia’s floods more lethal

Much improved response systems are struggling to cope with ever more powerful and destructive storms

Families stranded on their rooftops. Homes buried by fast-flowing mud. Jagged brown craters scarring lush green hillsides.

The scenes are the result of a series of cyclones and storms in a heavy monsoon season that have struck Asia with torrential rains, gutting essential infrastructure and reshaping landscapes. The violent weather has killed at least 1,200 people in the past week and forced a million to flee without knowing whether their homes will still be standing when they go back.

Continue reading...

India Orders a Tracking App to Be Installed in All Smartphones – The New York Times

  1. India Orders a Tracking App to Be Installed in All Smartphones  The New York Times
  2. Sanchar Saathi: India mandates state-owned cyber safety app on all smartphones  BBC
  3. India's Congress seeks parliament debate on state-run app for smartphones  Reuters
  4. India Says Mandatory Phone App Can Be Deleted After Backlash  Bloomberg.com
  5. FirstFT: Reform UK donors say Farage expects deal with Tories  Financial Times
Posted in Uncategorized

Production of French-German fighter jet threatened by rivalries, chief executive says

Relations between French company Dassault and the German unit of Airbus are reportedly ‘very strained’

The leaders of France and Germany have a “strong willingness” to build a new fighter jet together despite bitter internal rivalries, according to the chief executive of engine manufacturer Safran.

A row over who should lead between French aerospace company Dassault and the German unit of Airbus has threatened to break apart the countries’ efforts to make a next-generation fighter jet.

Continue reading...

Trump frees ex-Honduran president from prison as country awaits knife-edge election result

Release of convicted cocaine trafficker Juan Orlando Hernández is latest US interference in election and comes despite Trump’s apparent ‘war on drugs’

A former president of Honduras who was convicted of drug trafficking has walked free from a US prison after receiving a pardon from Donald Trump, as the country’s presidential election remained on a knife edge with the US-backed candidate leading by 515 votes.

Juan Orlando Hernández, who was sentenced to 45 years in prison for allegedly creating “a cocaine superhighway to the United States”, was released from a West Virginia prison after Trump’s intervention, Hernández’s wife confirmed on Tuesday.

Continue reading...

UK government delays decision on China’s super-embassy until January

New date to approve site near Tower Bridge in London aligns with Keir Starmer’s planned visit to Beijing

The government has delayed its decision on whether to approve China’s super-embassy in London until January, when Keir Starmer is expected to visit Beijing.

Ministers are expected to greenlight the controversial plans after formal submissions by the Home Office and Foreign Office raised no objections on security grounds.

Continue reading...